Saturday, March 26, 2011

Oi.

Seasonal life strikes again :( As I said in my last post, things have been a little crazy, though not blog appropriate subjects(I'm sorry!)

These times are never fun, but they are usually survived via the support and companionship of friends and significant others. Unless, of course, you live and work in a place where almost all of your friends are seasonal employees. Seasonal means anywhere from 1-8 weeks of built in vacation between each season. Paid. Well, somewhat(thank you State of WY fun-employment fund!). While it can have it's negative moments(occasional boredom, lack of funds) it is typically a great benefit to seasonal jobs. And one that I do miss...a lot sometimes! But what I miss more is my friends.

Of my best friends(well, local best friends...the #1 is I. CO), one is in the valley, one is in Bozeman, and one is in Oregon. While the valley isn't honestly far away...I'm talking basically the 50 mile stretch North of Gardiner, it's still an 80 mile round trip to see my dear Laney. Lisa, in Bozeman and just home from a winter in AZ, is a 150 mile round trip. With today's gas prices(a whole other animal to be discussed....) it's a tough deal compared to having them within a mile of home.

So what does a girl with he blues do when blues? Go to the Blue Goose and have a shot, of course :) I think tonight may call for a good old Saturday night filled with irresponsibility and mini-Irish car bombs...bottoms up!

Sent from my iPhone while driving, applying make up, changing the radio and drinking a cup of coffee...have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Hope you're feeling less blue (and not feeling green instead lol)! It's hard when friends are spread out. (Even the besties still in NJ I only see once in a blue moon anymore - the rest are in other states).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jo! It's tough now, but I know it'll get better :o)

    ReplyDelete